2019 – 2020 Tuition and Scholarship Information
Registration Fee – $10 per family (Non-refundable. Waived if registered by July 1st)
40-45 minute classes – $35/month
1 hour classes – $40/month
Unlimited dance classes – $200/month
- College Student Discount – 20%
- Multiple Class Discount – 10%
- *Semester “Pay in Full” Discount – 5%
*Please note: all tuition paid is non-refundable. If you pay for a semester in full, and then withdrawal, we do not refund tuition.
Our desire is to make the arts available to everyone, therefore we do offer scholarships based on need.
Teacher Assistant Scholarship: We offer partial scholarships to intermediate/advanced ESA students ages 12-17 who are dedicated to dance, are interested in teaching, and desire to learn alongside an instructor.
Volunteer-Exchange Scholarship: We have a number of volunteer jobs for parents in exchange for tuition. Volunteer jobs include sitting at the information desk, cleaning, and helping with performances and fundraisers. This scholarship is based on need and is designed for families who would not be able to participate classes without financial assistance. For a scholarship application packet, please email EcclesiaArts@gmail.com.
- Due date: 7th of each month
- Late fee: $20 without a prior arrangement. We are always more than happy to work with people financially. To avoid a late fee, please email Kristen@EcclesiaArts.com to set-up a payment plan.
- ⇒ Waived fees: We understand that everyone is busy and may overlook making a payment, therefore, we are able to remove one late fee per semester for your convenience. A second fee will only be removed if you sign up for auto-payments.
- Attendance: tuition is not pro-rated or waived for missed classes (See make-up class policy below.)
- 2019-2020 season tuition costs are divided into monthly payments for your convenience. Please note that the number of classes in each month will vary.
HOW TO PAY TUITION
ESA subscribes to Dance Studio Pro to help the tuition process run smoothly for our administrators and for parents. Although the system will send you a statement by email each month before tuition is due, you may also access your account at any time by logging into your parent portal. Payments can be made online through your portal, paid with check or cash at the studio, or by mail. Checks (or bill pay) can be mailed to:
Ecclesia School of the Arts
P.O. Box 3464
Lynchburg, VA 24503
Dance Studio Pro also has an auto pay system authorizing ESA to charge your credit/debit card automatically each month. If you need assistance with your parent portal, please email Kristen@EcclesiaArts.com. If you are bringing a payment to the studio, please leave it in the lockbox located in the Cafe’. Please do not hand payments to teachers or staff members.
We are excited to be offering a more flexible class option for adults (anyone 18 and over) who are taking our teen/adult classes. Rather than registering for the semester, you may purchase a punch card with 5 classes for $60. This is a great option for an adult who wants to take a class, but is not able to come consistently. (Punch cards may only be used for Teen/Adult Ballet, 40+ Beginner Ballet, and Teen/Adult Tap 1 or 2.)
Our 2019-2020 season is broken up into three sections: Fall (August – December) Spring (January – May) Summer (June – July). Fall registration will automatically roll into the Spring semester, however, you may always withdraw for the next season through your parent portal. We are no longer accepting end-of-the-month withdrawals. If you must withdraw mid-season, you will be charged a $50 withdrawal fee per class. Withdrawal will ONLY be considered official if done through your Parent Portal. If you need assistance, feel free to email us. (Note: Since our summer schedule varies, registration will NOT automatically roll over to our summer season.)
If a student misses a class, he or she is encouraged to make up the missed class in another section of his/her current level or below. (i.e. If your student is in Ballet 3, he/she could make up the missed class in another section of Ballet 3, Ballet 2, or Ballet 1). Missed classes may only be made up by enrolled students within the same season.
- Dancers are asked not to chew gum during class as it is a choking hazard.
- Any student under 18 MUST be walked in and out of the building by an adult. Students will NOT be allowed to meet parents outside or in the parking lot. If a parent/guardian is unable to walk up the stairs, please contact Megan@EcclesiaArts.com to arrange for someone to walk your student down to meet you.
- All students in Ballet 2 or below MUST be dropped off and picked up at their classroom by their parent/guardian.
- ⇒ Students in Ballet 3 and up will not be allowed to participate in class if they are more than 15 minutes late. This is for THEIR SAFETY. Dance requires precise exercises at the beginning of class to make sure all muscles are warmed up. It is unsafe for a dancer to join in more than 15 minutes late after the class has already completed the warm-ups. If the student is late, he/she will be asked to spend the remainder of the class in the back of the room stretching and watching.
INCLEMENT WEATHER POLICY
Safety is a priority at ESA, and if there is a threat of bad weather, we may decide to close the studio. If we close, we will email, text, and post an announcement on our Facebook page, website, and the WSET closings and delays page. If the weather is questionable, please check one of these sources before coming to the studio.
Your dancer’s safety is our priority! If your student comes to class with an injury, he/she may be asked to observe class and not participate unless a doctor’s note is provided. If a student is recovering from an injury when a performance is approaching, it is at the discretion of the instructor and the directors as to whether the student may be allowed to participate in the performance. Our staff has been trained and is very familiar with injuries. We hope that parents and students can trust our staff’s judgement and know that your dancer’s safety is our top priority.
CALENDAR & COMMUNICATION
Each month we will send an E-newsletter with important information for that month. Please be sure to read the entire newsletter to ensure that you are up-to-date with important ESA news. If you are not receiving E-newsletters, please let us know so we can update your contact information. We also keep our website updated with important information. If you have calendar-related questions, please refer to our website.