Upcoming Workshop! – REGISTER
KIDS BEGINNER VIOLIN (AGES 6-12): If you or your child has expressed curiosity in learning the violin, this class is perfect for you! This small, engaging group, will allow you or your child to discover the excitement of playing the violin. Students will learn the basics of violin playing, care of the instrument, and musical literacy, all while learning fun songs!
TEEN/ADULT BEGINNER VIOLIN (AGES 12-ADULT): Have you ever wished you took the time to learn the violin? Here is your chance! This small, engaging group, will allow you to discover the excitement of playing the violin. Students will learn the basics of violin playing, care of the instrument, and musical literacy, all while learning fun songs!
THE CLASS WILL FOCUS ON:
– Teaching students how to play the Violin in a group and individual setting
– Learning musical literacy
– Learning individual pieces and group pieces to play in an ensemble concert at the end of the yea
– Having fun and enjoying making music together
STUDENTS WILL LEARN:
Violin fundamentals, tuning the instrument, the basics of music theory and musical literacy, which includes learning to read sheet music.
- Violin (Kids – Rather than purchasing, you might consider renting a violin until the student has reached a full-size violin. You can rent a violin at locations such as Lynchburg Music Center)
- Rosin (usually comes with rental violins)
- Shoulder Rest (Kun or Play on Air Deluxe recommended)
- Music Stand for at-home practice (music stands will be provided at the studio for class use)
- Beginner Violin book (title TBD)
- Tuner (the app “master violin tuner” is a good selection if you have a smartphone)
GUITAR LEVEL 1 (AGES 10 – ADULT with little to no experience)
GUITAR LEVEL 2 (AGES 12 – ADULT with at least one year of experience)
THE CLASS WILL FOCUS ON . . .
– Teaching students how to play the guitar in a group and individual setting.
– Learning basic harmonic and rhythmic theory.
– Learning individual and group pieces to play in an ensemble concert at the end of the year.
– Having fun and enjoying making music!
STUDENTS WILL LEARN . . .
How to hold the guitar for the best results, tune the guitar different ways, play the guitar in different genres, the basics of music theory, how to understand and play scales and key signatures, how to maximize practice efficiency, and how to play and practice to a metronome. Students will learn how to read sheet music, tabs, and chord diagrams.
- Book (Students should expect to purchase a book that will cost between $15-$25. Curriculum being used in Fall 2020 TBA )
- Tuner (recommended)